Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Daniel-Day Lewis: Not Lactose Intolerant

It's been bought to my attention that there's a rather different scene in the movie "There Will Be Blood". From what I THOUGHT the movie was about, this scene really, really stands out:



Oddly enough, this phrase has caught on. So much so that Brandon Hardesty, the guy on Youtube that does movie reinactments, went on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and did his own reinactment of that scene above. I think he did a great job:



One final thing. I wasn't going to see the movie cause it doesn't look like something I'd enjoy, but that scene has me thinking twice. However, I did notice that the video I posted above said "Spoiler Warning" and I tried to show it to a friend, who didn't wanna see the video cause she said she's gonna see the movie this weekend and didn't want nothing spoiled. But for the life of me I can't see anything in that video that would spoil the entire movie. Maybe I'm missing something? If you've seen the movie and wanna shed some light on this for me, drop me a line.
-Jason

2 comments:

Jess said...

That scene doesn't spoil the movie at all, it basically shows how crazy he gets. Don't see the movie based on this scene - it's got the most dialogue and character development of any scene in the movie, which is why it's interesting and fairly creepy. The rest of the movie doesn't live up to this scene (in my humble opinion - I know others disagree.)

Fletch said...

Yes, I disagree. See the movie! That scene just epitomizes and finalizes the relationship between Plainview and Eli.

(Jess and I will continue our Point-Counterpoint after these messages...)

I agree, though - it doesn't spoil the movie, but it comes pretty close.