I'm guessing no opinions=we want more Five For Fridays! So here ya go! Let's rock it like a hurricane, yo!
1. Oh! OH! OH!! OHHHH!! OH GOD YES!!!-Me and my darling fiancee went to the midnight screening of "Zach and Miri Make a Porno", which was just 18 shades of awesome. It felt like it was some sort of secret thing cause there weren't a lot of people there and thankfully no kids. I'm willing to bet there were kids during the regular showings cause people are retarded. Anyway, I never been to a midnight screening of anything so it was a new experience for me. As for the movie, I thought it was awesome. I could've went without one part (literally) at the end. If you haven't seen it, I won't tell you. I'll let you be surprised like I was. I am mildly miffed at the critics though who said this was like any typical romantic comedy. Um, ok? Whatever. Like I said, people are retarded.
2. You Spin Me Right Round Baby-If you notice over there to the right, you'll see in my DVD watched listing I saw a film called "Hell on Wheels". My fiancee suggested it and asked me nicely to add it to my netflix. It was comfortably nestled betweent "C.H.U.D" and "Basket Case". Anyway, we watched it Wednesday night and it's a documentary about how roller derby made a comeback and the first team of girls to bring it back. It was pretty interesting. It started with a team in Austin and the four girls in charge wanted to turn the whole thing into some corporation and the players were employees, but the "employees" weren't happy with the situation so they said "knock it off or we walk", the "presidents" said no and they indeed walked and started their own, which set a path for the current state of derby where every skater is equal and stuff. It's pretty good. If you were curious about derby, you should look for this and check it out.
3. Coming Up Next On Showtime: Forrest Gump: The Series-How come "Crash" got turned into a TV show on Showtime? What is it about? Yes, I have Showtime and I could just watch it but...I don't want to. I think it's more fun trying to figure out what it's about. I'm gonna assume it's one of those anthology shows that tell different stories each week about a group of racist people who run across each other or something. Cause that's more or less what the movie was about. But I liked the movie, even though a lot of people didn't from what I read. And what role does Dennis Hopper play? Is he the Rod Sterling in this situation? Oh what the hell, I'll check out an episode.
4. Wait, It's NOT A Remake of the George C. Scott Horror Movie?-When I read the plot for the film "Changeling" I was confused. Then I heard it was based on a true story and I got even more confused. Let's take a look at this through the Jason scope, shall we?
A single mom finds that her son went missing in Los Angeles. After a month or so the L.A cops are like "We got him" and they deliever her a kid, but it's not her kid. The cops go "Yes it is, make him your son or we'll lock you up in an asylum!" but no, she says it's not her kid so they do indeed lock her up in an asylum. It turns out it really isn't her kid and the L.A cops were like "Um...we can't find him but instead of looking like idiots, let's grab some RANDOM kid and be like 'Hey lady, this is your kid' and hope SHE DOESN'T NOTICE! High five me, Jesus, I just struck oil!"
No offense to everyone involved, especially since this apparently "happened", but that sounds retarded. If I'm wrong about the story in any way, please let me know.
5. In Tribute-In the few weeks that I haven't done The Five, some people died. Including Rudy Ray Moore and Michael Crichton. I totally dug the Jurassic Park films (yes even parts 2 and 3), even though I'm not a big dinosaur nut like I know some people are. Looking at his credits, I didn't know he wrote "Twister" and "Coma" which are other films I've enjoyed. And I never watched "ER" cause medical dramas that don't feature Howie Mandel in a snowglobe don't do anything for me.
As for Rudy Ray Moore, I plan on paying a tribute to him later this month in the form of a brand spankin' new Mass Invasion! Me and my dear friends will be checking out "Dolemite", so stay tuned for that.
That'll do it. The new game/contest/whatever thingy will be posted a bit later. I doubt I'll have a prize but if no one participates I'll sweeten the deal with a little somethin-somethin.