Monday, July 23, 2012

People DO Like Me...Sorta

Today has been full of ups and downs for me, my friends. I lost the next Movie of the Month, which pisses me off cause I've tried that thing like 4 different times and I can't ever win. At least I got close this time but still. Anyway, despite my loss, I have been awarded great news: not one but TWO different people nominated me for this weird Internet Award!


I have absolutely no information about it or what it means but it's awesome! Maybe you should check out the two guys who gave me the award: The Great White Dope and Steve from 1001Plus. And here are the "rules" as it were:

Here are the rules:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
4. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. NO TAG BACKS

I dunno what "tag backs" mean but it sounds mildly racists. Poor tag backs! They just want to live and work in this country like everybody else!

Anyway, because two people gave me this award, I have to answer double 11 questions! Umm...that equals like 35 or something. I'm not too good on the math thing. So first up is Dope's questions:


1. Can you remember the first TV ad for a horror movie that scared you?-Well, not a whole lot scares me, honestly. Even when I was a kid. You know what scared me? Weird things that probably aren't that scary in real life. Like the old HBO intro from the 80s.



I have no idea why. OH! The Unsolved Mysteries theme use to bug the SHIT out of me!



Oh memories. So I hope this answered your question of what 80's theme song scared you the most!

2. Whenever you look through your movie collection (we all have them), what movie do you find yourself surprised that you even own?-Gayniggers From Outer Space.

3. We're all bloggers here; in your writing, what word do you find yourself misspelling most often? (mine is "teh";  I HATE THAT ONE!!!) Antidisestablishmentarism...or antidistablishmentariam? Something like that.

4. What is the least funny comedy you have ever seen?  This can be TV show or movie.-Right now, it's probably "The Dictator". It all felt kinda forced.

5. Okay, describe Tom Cruise in one word (besides "short").-Dude.

6. You have a chance to interview an icon of the horror acting world, living or dead.  Who is it and why?-George A. Romero to not only thank him for three great zombie flicks, but yell at him for giving us two fucking shitty ones.

7. What was the last movie you saw that fully enveloped you so that you actually cared about what you were watching?-I.....what was the question?

8. DVD or Blu-Ray?-HD-DVD.

9. The best episode of "Mystery science Theater 3000" is... _______________________.  (If you have no idea what "Mystery Science Theater 3000" is, write BUNNY POOF.-This changes for me so often that I can't settle on one. Right now I been running the riffs from "Parts: The Clonus Horror" in my head. Hi Richard! Hey Richard! Hi Richard! Will you change me, Clone Daddy? Just one more clone up in the canyon...ok I'll stop.

10. What snack do you usually sneak into a movie theater?  Be honest.-Dr. Pepper.

11. Are you answering these questions in your underwear right now?-Right now I'm wearing a silk robe, cotton socks, nice comfortable slacks from Sears and a "Movie Nerds Only Do It In The Dark" T-Shirt. And a bubble pipe. Of course.

Ok now for Steve's questions!


1. At a movie theater, what snacks do you buy? Or do you sneak them in? If money were no object, what would be your movie theater snack of choice?-Whoa, whoa whoa! That's like three questions right there! That's cheating, buddy! Jesus! I'm just gonna say "Dr. Pepper" again and be done with it.

2. What's the first movie that really scared you?-It's weird how similar Steve's and Dope's questions are, huh? I will say "The Exorcist". I saw it BEFORE school one day in the 6th grade. It was in the VCR and I was up a bit early so I popped it in while my Mom was sleeping and I got to the part where all the shit randomly jumped around in the room by itself and I went FUCK THIS SHIT! and ran out the door.

3. The television show/book/graphic novel/other thing I would really love to see adapted to film is _______________________.WE FUCKING NEED A REAL DEADPOOL MOVIE! LIKE RIGHT NOW!

4. If you like horror movies, why do you like them? If not, why not?-I like knowing what scares other people. I almost said "regular people". That would've been creepy, huh?

5. If you could be any movie character, who would you be, and why?-I will say a cross between Wolverine, Deadpool, and Doc Brown. For the time travel angle.

6. Why did you start blogging? What keeps you going?-I love thrusting my opinion onto the world. The fact that people read this shit.

7. What movie would you most like to see again for the first time with no prior knowledge?-A Serbian Film.

8. If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?-This dumbass is dead. LET'S PARTY!

9. What is the best or most useful class in school you have ever taken?-Typing class. Seriously.

10. Describe your favorite article of clothing.-I am digging this "Movie Nerds" T-Shirt.

11. If there was one household chore I could get away with never doing again, it would be ________________________.-THIS ISN'T MOVIE RELATED!!!!! Did I ever tell you about the HBO intro theme...

And there you have it. Oh. I'm suppose to tell you 11 facts about me. I'm only doing 11 despite being tagged twice. Ok? OK!

1. I can recite the following movies by memory: Die Hard, Pulp Fiction, Clue, and Billy Madison.
2. For some reason, my little sister gave me post-it notes with Tony Stewart on them like 6 years ago for Christmas. I still have them today. I have no idea why.
3. I never know how to mention this without sounding weird or creepy but here goes. I love hearing about true crime stuff, like serial killers and stuff. Not because I love what they do, but the just the story of it all. It probably plays into my love of mysteries and how the cops had to figure out who did it before catching the guy, then sometimes you get show boat-y killers and they're interesting to figure out. That's all.
4. I ALMOST went to school to be a psychologist. I studied a bit on my own and use some of what I've learned on how to read my customers at work. It's almost amazing.
5. If you really break down my life, I'm the most boring person on the face of the planet.
6. I lived in Gary, Indiana for 5 years and never got shot at. If you knew Gary, Indiana like I know it, you'd be amazed at that fact.
7. I probably know more about roller derby than you do. Unless you're a roller girl, then you know more than me.
8. Even though I'm not too good at them, I like playing trivia games.
9. I have a new hobby that I do with the future wife called "geocaching". It's a bit hard to explain. Think of it has a treasure hunt or scavenger hunt with a GPS. For more info check out this site: www.geocaching.com
10. I only own two pairs of shoes.
11. I hate ice. Like seriously, hate ice.

And now here's the fun part. I'm suppose to come up with my own questions and tag 11 people. But I don't like doing that because I feel that excludes certain people and that's wrong. I know cause sometimes I get excluded and it sucks. So I'd like to thanks Steve and Dope for including me, but this is has far as this goes, with me anyway. Besides, everybody I would've tagged either has been tagged already or wouldn't do it.

BUT! You CAN do this if you want to! You don't need anyone's permission to do any of the above. Especially Tag Backs! Poor people, left the country of Tag with only 2 cents and hopes. And now for the first time ever, Tag Backs CAN participate in this meme! GO HEAD ON WITH YOUR BAD SELVES TAG BACKS!!
-Jason

1 comment:

SJHoneywell said...

Just so you know, I was hoping someone would answer the "most useful class in school" question with typing, because that's my answer, too. I use it every damn day.