Over on this here site, the dude running it put out a blog-a-thon of sorts for people to write up a list of 8 Movie's They'd Like To Have if They Were On A Deserted Island (That's a long ass title). As a result of this, I will be debuting a new feature (really? another one? Jason, you suck) where I do my own sort of lists. I can't put my name on this one since it wasn't my idea but the others? I'm like Trump, baby.
Anyway. Looking at a couple of others peoples lists I see they put one of each genre. I said "screw that noise" and pick 8 movies I'd love to see over and over again. I guess this also could be 8 movies I'd save if my place was on fire, but that'd mean I'd be burnt alive trying to pick the 8th.
Ok, enough stalling. Let's get on with it.
8. Billy Madison-I fucking love this movie. It's on cable almost every day and if I catch it, I watch it, even if I seen it the previous day. I can quote the hell out of this movie. I even had downloaded at one time (prior to my computer getting wiped out) the song he sang in the middle of the movie.
"Veronica! I thank you! For beating the shit out of me!!"
7. The Hangover-I promise they all won't be comedies. But I too could watch this movie over and over, anytime it's on. Plus you get to see Heather Graham's boobs, so that's worth something. (Why, no I haven't seen "Boogie Nights" all the way though, why do you ask?)
6. The Re-Animator-I don't have anything to say about this, really. I mean it's The Fuckin' Re-Animator. Best zombie movie since...
5. Dawn of the Dead-And I do mean the classic 1978 film. Not that I have problems with the remake, I like the remake enough, but I gotta go with the classic on this. Plus, this movie deals with isolation well, so I could relate enough probably.
4. Clerks-Out of all the Kevin Smith films I could pick, I'll go with the classic. Of course, watching this would make me wish I could see Clerks 2, which I love just as much, if not more. But I could quote this movie more easily. Speaking of quoteable movies...
3. Pulp Fiction-Again, of all the Quentin Taratino films I have, I went with this one. This is my absolute favorite GOOD movie OF ALL TIME. Yes OF ALL FUCKING TIME! Deal with it. It's like the perfect movie. It's got a great story, compelling characters, awesome music, it's told non-linear. It's just awesome.
2. The Room-I'd need a good bad but reall bad in a good way movie with me. I mean think about it, I'm shipwrecked on an island and I'm eating coconuts and whatever fish I could grab. What could make me feel better? How about Tommy Wiseau trying to act? Plus watching this will make me think about how I met him and then I'd really cheer up.
1. Basket Case-I got to, man. I mean...HE PICKS HIM UP BY THE MOTHERFUCKING BALLS!!! How COULD I NOT have this movie on my list? I should be watching this every day anyway.
So anyway, that's my list. If you wanna participate you have until April 9th to email the dude and make your list. I'll have more on my own new feature later on.