Thankfully, within the past month, I been on a pretty big spending spree myself. I figured this would make a good list so you are getting:
Top 10 Movie I Recently Purchased (Both DVD and VHS)
10 and 9. Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives & Friday the 13th Part 7: The New Blood-
As you all know, I been watching every "Friday the 13th" movies slowly but surely. For whatever reason, the middle series is very hard to find by themselves. I'm aware that there's a box set with all the movies, but I already own the first 5 movies individually so whatever. Eventually, I went on Amazon and discovered Part 6 on sale for 2 bucks and Part 7 on sale for like 5. I was estatic. So these reviews will be coming soon. Promise.
8. Empire Records (VHS)-I haven't seen this movie until last year and thought it was FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC! I love movies that take place during a single day (future list idea!) Plus it's quotable as hell. I would go on and on about it but IT'S REX MANNING DAY!
7. Soultaker (VHS)-
This was one of those rare finds I had to scoop it up. If you're a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000, you know about
6. Ernest Saves Christmas (VHS)-
Yeah, I bought the 3 VHS tapes at the same place, this video store back in my hometown. I was there for Easter recently and my friend Bill said to me "Mid-Town is back to renting movies", which is unbelieveable. Here's why: Way back in 2001, I moved down the street from this video store and I became a member. I rented videos there often and it was cool having a video about 2 blocks away. Then one day there was a sign saying "CLOSING! EVERYTHING MUST GO!" and they were selling all their movies. So naturally we bought up as much as we could (I think i was unemployed at this point so I didn't get much) and then...it stayed up for about a year. Then it closed finally...for a week. Then it opened back up, only selling VHS, DVD's...and applances like washers and fridges. We were like "What the fuck?" And it stayed that way for YEARS! Then I seem to remember it closed at some point finally until recently when they opened up again and started renting again. I have no idea.
Oh right. Ernest Save Christmas. One of my favorite Christmas movies. That's all.
5. Martyrs-I heard SOOO much about this through "Outside The Cinema" that I had to see for myself what this was about. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
Jesus, the French make fucked up movies.
4. [REC]-Another movie I heard a lot about. This is the original version of "Quarantine" and supposedly a lot better. When I asked people which movie should I watch first, everyone practically screamed "[REC]!!" Ok then.
3. Big Money Hustlas-
This is only so we can do an episode of "The Lair" about it. It's not available ANYWHERE but through ICP themselves. That kinda sucks, but whatever.
2. Diary of the Dead-I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this one. EVERY single person that seen this as said how awful this movie is. I just wanted to see for myself. Plus it was on sale. I collect bad movies. Why not?
1. I'm In The Basement-I got this from Gonzoriffic. I can't explain it really. Final Girl did a post about their movie posters and all of them sounded fantastic. I just randomly picked this one and it finally came in yesterday after my dumbass gave them the wrong address TWICE (don't ask). It sounds really interesting.
My god, it looks like they made that movie JUST for me. Do me a favor and check out their website and get some of their movies, ok? Yes, sight unseen. They all just sound awesome as fuck.
And that's it. Man, I bought some weird shit lately. I'm gonna need to buy like "My Fair Lady" or "Monsters INC" to balance things out or something. Weird.