Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mr. Heath Ledger


So I come home today and I'm just randomly looking at my friends list on Livejournal when I saw that MST3K: The Movie is finally getting a real DVD release. I'm like "yay!" and I read some comments about this. One person then said "I'm happy about this, but I'm still shocked to hear about Heath Ledger's death."

I was like "Huh?"

So I check my number one source of all actors/actresses/entertainers deaths: Yahoo News. And sure enough, there it was.

This bummed me out. Only cause he was so, so young. And, much like everyone in the universe, I was looking forward to this role as The Joker in "The Dark Knight". Watching the trailer just made me ten thousand times more excited about this movie.

But that was about it. I wasn't like a hardcore fan. I knew who he was and looking at his credits on imdb I knew a lot of his movies. And I knew that he was the guy from the old Fox show "Roar". That's how geeky I am, yo.

I feel kinda bad about this cause the only movie I did see that he was in was "Monster's Ball". That's right, I never saw "Brokeback Mountain", or "Knight's Tale", or "Ten Things I Hate About You". Not even "Cassanova", "Brother's Grimm", or "Lords of Dogtown". Just "Monster's Ball".

But he was very popular and I haven't heard anyone say a bad thing about him, so I'm going to assume that he was a good actor. He did have great success and I am very sorry to see him go at such a young age. I'm hoping the death was accidental and not suicidal. That would just suck.

So not knowing how else to end this little entry, here is the review I did of "Monster's Ball" all the way back in November 2003. I apologize for the writing style, I was still learning how to write reviews.

My Monster's Ball Review
-Jason

No comments: