Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I Also Have Adventures When I Leave The House

My friend and podcasting partner Nolahn does a thing on his blog called "Adventures in Leaving The House", where he talks about the various things he doesn't when he's not home. In the past, these things included going to a tropical paradise and seeing some cool movies. My adventures when I do leave the house are a little...different.

Today when I left to go get some lunch, the following two things happened to me:

1. I saw a sign posted at a bus stop near my house. Curious, I went to check it out and I saw the following sign:



Yes, I took the sign down. Me being the guy that spends most of his day on the Interwebz, I'm familar with Anonymous and that whole "movement" they got going on. And you know what? Good for them. I just never expected to see this here in my boring ass state. Usually the target for these things are big cities like New York and L.A. The only thing we got going on here is the Super Bowl will be here in January and the roller derby Regionals is gonna be here in October. I doubt those are things Anonymous are very interested in. So Anonymous, if you're reading this (I'm sure you are after Googling yourselves) you can do whatever it is you want to do only if you can do it at a certain building that may or may not sound like the name of the place I work at. Deal? Deal.

2. When I got to where I was having lunch, a whole bunch of blind people came in. Wearing baseball jerseys. I was like "...ok?" And after looking at their logo, I came home and Googled it and apparently the National Beep Baseball Association is in town this week for their World Series! Wow! So what is National Beep Baseball? It's like baseball for blind people. I was wondering how this worked out and after reading their official website, it makes a lot of sense. So that's cool.

Hmm...I wonder if there's some correlation to the two events...
-Jason

No comments: