Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Horror Hangover

Oh my god, you guys. I have SUCH a horror hangover. I don't even WANT to THINK about another horror movie...for a few days. Gah.

You DO know what I'm talking about, right? Obviously you been keeping up with all my writings at Man, I Love Films, and you knew that this past weekend they let me take over their site by having me review five horror movies? But I did so much more than that.

In case you missed it due to a dentist appointment or something, I'll give you a rundown on what went down.

First up was my regular Thursday posting where I reviewed "Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon". Fuckin' awesome movie. If you haven't seen it, you totally should.

Speaking of needing to see movies, on Friday I wrote out a list of my 10 movies YOU need to see like RIGHT FUCKING NOW! (They wouldn't let me put "fucking" in the title, but it was there in spirit.

Later that night, my review of "The People Under The Stairs" went up. I've loved this movie since I was a kid and I never released how fuckin' weird it is.

Saturday I decided to go old school (at least for the site) and review a Vincent Price film. I did "The Last Man On Earth", which is the first version of "I Am Legend" to hit the screens. Way better than the Will Smith film.

By Sunday I was kinda feeling it and picked a movie that's not easily available. I own it on VHS. It's probably why it doesn't have any comments on it. Anyway, I reviewed "Demonoid", a devil possesses a hand movie. Yeah, one of THOSE!

Monday was, of course, Halloween so I went ape shit, fuckin' nuts and posted an editorial about Why NOT Horror Movies? I think I made my point!

And finally, the top it all off, I had to review a "Halloween"-centric film. A film that's a "scream", maybe some named Jamie, Lee, or Curtis would enjoy. I hope the star of "Shrek" Mike Meyers loves this movie! Of coruse I'm talking about..."Trick R Treat" from 2007. What else?

To be serious for a moment, I really did have a lot of fun posting these reviews, a list and editorial and I do want to thank Dylan and Kai for letting me do it. They trusted their baby to me and I probably scarred it for life but I think after some therapy it'll be OK eventually. For now, I go back to only posting on Thursdays at MILF. And boy do I have a film for this Thursday...

As for this site/blog, I have something fun planned starting on Thursday. I'm just gonna be the King of Thursdays! So stay tuned for that!
-Jason

No comments: