Saturday, May 05, 2012

ANNOUNCEMENT: Old Skool Summer!


I'm setting up to record Episode 2 of "Jason's Awesome DVD Shelf" (coming soon) and as I was scanning my DVD's I realized there's a shit ton of movies there that I haven't even seen yet, or been meaning to rewatch to re-do a review. Then I realize why:

Fucking Netflix! I have all these movies that I've never seen at my fingertips that I just ignore all the ones I paid good hard earned money on, so what's the point of having an awesome DVD collection if I'm gonna be part of the problem and use Netflix!

So I'm announcing right now that starting in June and going all summer long, I'm going Motherfuckin' Old School on your asses! Fuck yeah! I'm gonna cancel my Netflix subscription and only watch and review movies I have on DVD. And better yet...any movies I WANNA see or review I'm gonna RENT them. I KNOW! RENT A MOVIE?!?! EGADS I MUST'VE LOST MY FUCKING MIND!!!

(Right now all the 20-year-olds who come to my site are like "Wait, you're gonna LEAVE your place to GET a movie? NOOB!")

I don't have any particular movies in mind yet but I know I got a lot of hidden gems on my shelf. Oh, and I'll be doing this for my reviews at Man, I Love Films as well. So look out for that, coming soon!
-Jason

6 comments:

Nick said...

I rent movies like... every week. That's typically how I do my MILF rentals for review. Le Gasp! :P

Jason Soto said...

OMG SHOCKER WHA?!?!?!1111!
:D
-Jason

Dave Enkosky said...

You're a brave man. I don't know that I could go without Netflix.

Dylan said...

I don't think I could rent movies if I wanted to, though I essentially use the library as a rental store. Only problem is that I'm essentially fucked when they don't have something I want, though I suppose video stores are the same way (though back in the day when there were tons of them, you could pretty much find whatever you wanted). Maybe I should just switch back to Netflix DVDs...

Jason Soto said...

Dylan: I thought you still got Netflix DVD's. Weird. Anyway, I miss having video stores around. Le sigh...
-Jason

Dylan said...

Nope - been streaming only since the price jump.