Wednesday, May 30, 2012
So The LAMMY Nominations Have Been Announced
It's the day after The LAMMY nominations have been announced and a lot of us are feeling a bit punch drunk for various reasons. Some because they been nominated a billion times, some because they haven't been nominated at all, and some because the ares they thought FOR SURE they'd be nominated in didn't get nominated.
You could listen to the LAMBcast episode to hear the nominations, but you'd have to fast forward through some Tom Cruise talk that was put before it for some reason, and have to deal with Nick's Ralph Fiennes impersonation (That was what he was doing, right?) to get to it. Thankfully, my best friend in the whole wide world Sam over at "Duke & The Movies" put together a list. So mucho thanks to Sam for doing that.
So here's my take on everything.
1. Thank you to everyone who nominated me for Funniest Writer and Best Horror. I really am grateful to have some fans who think I'm funny and horrific at the same time. It does my self esteem problems proud to know that at least SOMEBODY loves what I do.
2. With that said, what the hell? No Podcast nom again? I understood the first year cause we were new. I understood LAST year cause people complaining we were too long of a show. But now? We're in the middle of our third year AND the show is barely an hour long. So I dunno, I guess we're gonna have to get gimmicky on your ass. Look out for The Lair of The Unwanted Sponsored By Hooters! Starring Bambi, Jason, AND Nolahn!!
"So Bambi, what did you think of 'Yor: The Hunter From The Future'?"
*Insert 3 million downloads*
I see how you people are...
3. It's a shame some of my friends didn't get nominated. Poor Nolahn didn't even get a New LAMB nom whatever year he started. And I don't think GreatWhiteDope got nominated for anything either. It's a shame cause both are great writers and deserve some recognition. GreatWhiteDope is easily the smarter version of me. He watches the same shitty movies I do but he puts a smart spin on it by telling you all about the movie, the writer, director, stars, what they ate for breakfast each day during shooting, and more! So guys, just know that I'm on your side and I TOTALLY voted for you both.
4. It's pretty well established that Nick at Random Ramblings got shafted. Big time. I won't get into it here.
5. Congrats to everybody who DID get nominated and I look forward to fighting the good fight with my fellow nominees, although I'll be honest, in the horror department...I haven't heard of a bunch of you before. I'm totally out of the loop, huh?
Anyway, voting hasn't started yet but when it does, it'd be fucking sweet and amazing if you LAMBS (and only LAMBS, unfortunately) voted for me in Best Funny Blog and Horrorist Guy In The World!