Friday, June 12, 2009

The Fight For #1: Week 23

Before getting to this week's list, I gotta point something out. Last night I was on imdb and I noticed their top ten for the weekend changed. This is what it was on Sunday:


This is what it was today:


So I guess they found an additional 2 million dollars for "The Hangover" or something. I don't know what that was about. But here are the re-adjusted scores:
Fletch: 10
April, Rachael M.: 9
Me: 8

Too bad it didn't work in my favor. Anyway, onto this week. We have the remake of "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3" which I do kinda wanna see. And...god help us "Imagine That", another Eddie Murphy vehicle. Just...why?

Without seeing the movie, I know what "Imagine That" is gonna be like. Eddie is a too busy for his kid dad and somehow he's stuck with said kid for some determined amount of time. Dad has some very important deadline to make at his super important and busy job. When the kid says her "imaginary friend" thinks Dad should do this certain thing for the company, it turns out to be right and the company makes money. So Dad uses the kid to find new ways to help the company and the kid comes up with all these ways. It turns out, SHOCKING ENOUGH, the kid was making all this up to begin with so she can be closer to her negligent father cause she was having so much fun with him. Dad learns a lesson, spends more time with his kid, and somehow everything at the company works out. The end.

Bleh.

Anyway, my pick is gonna be, and I hate to say it, "Imagine That". Cause it's not a Eddie Murphy movie where he plays multiple roles, but a Disney (or Nickeloden I forget) movie targeted for "families" and if the last few weeks shown us anything is that family friendly films (besides The Hangover obviously) rule! Yeah it's a wild card pick but let's just see, shall we?
-Jason

3 comments:

Fletch said...

I'm tempted to say The Hangover, or even Up, as I think this week's offerings stink, but I'll say Imagine That as well.

Anonymous said...

I'm going with Up for one more week - a lot of kids get out of school this week, so maybe mum and dad waited until now to take them. Just a theory.

ABP - VBW!

Unknown said...

I'll say The Hangover.

I'm not 100% confident in this, but that's my vote.