Saturday, November 17, 2012

What The Hell Happened To You, Man?!?

You might have noticed things have gotten a bit quiet around here lately. I have a funny story to tell you...

Almost a month ago, I'm right in the middle of my Found Footage Fest 2012 and I'm feeling pretty good then suddenly...I feel like shit. I had bad headaches and I just felt blah. I figured it was a sinus infection and took meds for it and moved on with my life. But after another week and not feeling any better, I decided to go see my doctor.

First they examined my head to see if it is a infection and I can now say that there is medical evidence that nothing is wrong with my head! I FINALLY HAVE PROOF!! So...what gives?

They also did a blood test and turns out my blood isn't exactly blood but sugary syrup. Oh joy. I have "The D Word".

I dunno how many of you reading this is diabetic but I'm sure the first time you found out, you probably weren't too happy with life. ON TOP of the fact I felt like utter shit, so I just kinda didn't feel like doing anything. What made all this WORSE was this all happened right around Halloween, which is my favorite holiday. And I couldn't even enjoy it.

I solidered on, did roughly 200 podcasts in the month of October but I ignored my reviews and writing. I was gonna go all out on Halloween at Man, I Love Films but I had to post reruns. I dropped the found footage fest thing cause I didn't feel like trying to be funny. I guess you could say I was feeling depressed.

Thankfully, the doctor gave me medicine instead of insulin because I cannot stand needles and I had to change my diet (Step 1: stop drinking sugar) and work on my health a bit. After two weeks, I've lost a good 15 pounds and I'm finally feeling like my old self.                                                                                                 

Before

After

So what does all this mean? I'm back right? Well...not exactly. While I was sick and not doing anything I did some thinking. I thought about how I been doing this for 7 years, how I reviewed easily over 200 shitty movies and how I built a small following. I thought about how I've won Best Horror Blog FIVE years in a row and how great all that felt. And I thought about the people who follow and read me and how I most likely let them down. Not just now but any time I don't post anything for a long time. Why should anyone follow me and this website if nothing is going to be posted?

So it's time I stop. I think Invasion of the B-Movies has run it's course in life and it's probably time to put the old gal to bed. However, I like making things all Even Steven so I will continue out the year and end on a bang! Review as many movies as I can, reviewing all the ones I've always wanted to, and other things. But after December 2012, I will put this site in it's final resting place.

Trust me, I've thought about this and this is what I feel is the right decision to make. But don't worry just yet, you got me for at least another month and then-

BOOM MOTHAFUCKER!!!!!!!




-Jason

8 comments:

Nick said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Also, Whaaaaa?!?!

Anonymous said...

More than anything else, you take care of yourself, man! Your health and well-being are the most important things to concern yourself with.

And by the way, keep us posted!

- TGWD

Shep. Burman said...

Very impressive to lose 15 lbs so fast! My dad got diabetes last year so I know what you are going through.

Its sad to see another long-time member go but I totally get that and if I know you half-right this shouldn't be the last we see of you anyways!

Have a good weekend!

Dylan said...

I don't believe it. This is birdemic. I'm going to go to my room and become a basket case now.

Anyway, like the Dope said, your health is more important, and I can certainly understand were you're coming from. Kudos with the After pic as well - I didn't know you had it in you.

Brittani Burnham said...

I'm going to miss this blog, but I'm glad you're feeling better. Your health is certainly the most important thing.

SJHoneywell said...

I'm just happy to hear that you're feeling better.

Oh, and I'll believe the "after" pic when I see it in real life, Kahuna.

Nolahn said...

The diabitis AND pulling the plug? NOOOOOOO!!!

Will said...

Ah man, good to hear from you. I was following the found footage fest and wondered what happened. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Shocked to hear that you're stopping too! What are you gonna do with all that time? Can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings!