Monday, November 02, 2009

New Feature Beta Testing Week: Overthinking Question Monday

Now that I got a major blog-a-thon over with and it's offically November and I'm currently running a SCAVANGER Hunt (I was hungover Sunday, leave me alone) and taking part in NaNoWriMo (I'll post some chapters later, you guys will get a kick out of it) I thought to myself "Hm, I need some kind of new running feature thingy, since I stopped doing the Fight for #1 thing in the summer. What can I do, hmm?"

The dog that was near me when I asked this looked at me, then peed. I dunno if that was his answer. Should I have you guys pee? Nah, I'll save that for the "Invasion of the Fetishes" blog I run at night.

So I decided to just try different crap each day this week and see what sticks. So today I'll Beta Test a feature called "The Overthinking It Question For Monday", where I'll post a question I'm sure no one thought of (Well, maybe Fletch) and see if maybe I can get some kind of discussion going on. Ready? Here we-a go.

In "Shaun of the Dead", Shaun is at his Mom's house and he's trying to convince her to go with him. While talking about his stepfather Phillip, who Shaun doesn't really like, he just blurts out "I never told you but...Phillip touched me." Then after a too long pause he goes "Ok, no he didn't." I have to ask: Why did he say that? It's a line that bothered me cause it seems out of place in a movie full of clever dialouge and situations. Plus it makes Shaun seem kind of a dick for saying that, which is wildly out of character. I don't really get it.

Thoughts?
-Jason

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It didn't seem out of place to me. I thought it was pretty funny!

Fletch said...

"Well, maybe Fletch"

I think I'm honored that you said that. I wish I overthought things even more than I currently do. It's that kind of attention to detail that I love in a filmgoer.

Anyway, on to your question. It's been too long since I've seen SOTD, but was this before or after he figured out that his stepfather was soon to become a zombie? If I recall correctly, he said it seriously, but considering the darkness of the situation, decided it best not to burden his mother with such a (at the time) trivial matter. Sound good?

Like the feature very much. Keep it.