Thursday, August 14, 2008

Guilty Pleasures Blog-A-Thon #4: Snakes On A Plane


Sorry this post is a bit late. Since I'm moving in two weeks (ack!) I have to spend as much time as possible with friends and family. But I'm here to tweak out a post before midnight hits.

"Snakes On A Plane" is possibly the granddaddy of Guilty Pleasures. If I was in fact doing these in order from most to least, SOAP would be number 1 hands down. Anytime I tell ANYONE I like this movie, I get weird looks, heavy sighing, and people shaking their heads at me. But how could you not love a movie titled "Snakes on a Plane". Literally, people, even friends I've known for a long time, didn't understand it and why those words grouped together make the most awesome sentence ever.

There's not much to the story at all. A kid witnesses a murder done by a gangster. Samuel L. Jackson is an F.B.I agent sent to protect the kid until he testifies at a trial. They have to fly from Hawaii to L.A for the trial. The gangster set up a trap full of snakes on the plane to kill the kid, and all the goofy ass characters on this flight. The snakes let loose and hilarity and fucked up shit ensues.

That's all you need to know plot wise. I'm fully aware how goofy the entire thing is and how cheesy the dialouge is. But it's part of it's charm I think. You literally have everything in this movie. Mobsters, surfers, newlyweds, boobs, penises (penii?) being bit off by a snake, stuck up asshole British guys, annoying blonde chicks with yappy dogs, a germaphobic rapper, and Kenan Thompson who knows how to fly planes. What the fuck else do you need, man??

I'm kinda glad I'm not posting images to this post cause there'd literally be a thousand cause every scene in this movie is just awesome. So if you haven't seen it, I hope you do sometime soon so you too can see why "Snakes on a Plane" is my fourth guilty pleasure.



And yes, I'm giving this movie


A Guilty Pleasure Already Reviewed:
Blood Freak

And Nick over at Random Ramblings of a Demented Doorknob posted his ten guilty pleasures, and he came up with a very cool theme!
-Jason

1 comment:

elgringo said...

It's really too bad that the film didn't live up to the internet hype. If they had realized before-hand what the audience (well, the bloggers, at least) wanted, then the film could have been really different.

The "fucking snakes fucking plane" line are shot in awkward close-ups and anyone who'd been following the hype knew they were getting plugged in later.

I don't know. I certainly don't hate Snakes on a Plane, the DVD sits proudly in my collection. There was just so much potential and I was disappointed by the final product.

Scott
he-shot-cyrus.blogspot.com