Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Fight For #...10?: Week 25 Results

Fletch bought up an interesting point in the comments on Friday's post. How was the scoring gonna look like if, say, one of our picks happened to land on #11 or beyond? I didn't think this would happen cause it seemed like two of the movies that's been on the top ten list for a few weeks now was ready to at least leave. Turned out I was simultaniously right and wrong about this. Looking at the top ten from imdb today it looks like this:



As you see, my pick "Land of the Lost" is nowhere to be found. Strange cause it came out the weekend of my birthday and I didn't think it was a bad movie, or did that badly. Now here it is four weeks later and it's already out of sight. Strange.

Well, I looked up on another site all the movies that landed in #11 and beyond.



So now I was at a crossroads. Here was a stupid game that I invented but I couldn't come up with a good scoring system. I'm gonna blame Michael Bay cause it's what I love to do. Damn you Bay!!!

Thankfully, Fletch came up with a good scoring system and I hope he doesn't mind if I use it. Fletch, you have your own scoring system. You have offically made your mark on the world. Here's how Fletche's Scoring System For Jason's Stupid Game (trademark) looks:
1 - 1
2 - 2
3 - 3
4 - 4
5 - 5
6 - 6
7 - 7
8 - 8
9 - 9
10 - 10
11 - 9
12 - 8
13 - 7
14 - 6
15 - 5
and so on.

So this weeks scores are:
Me April: 9
Fletch Rachael M.: 8

Total Scores:
Rachael M.: 37
Fletch: 36
Me: 32
Highway: 10
April: 9

Making Rachael M. the winnar!! Congratulations! You get "The Room"! Enjoy!

I'm gonna go ahead and say right now I'm gonna take July off from this game to work out some kinks in the system and maybe devise a new take on it. I'll keep you updated. I do wanna thank each and every one of you who takes the time to play this and for sticking with it. I have fun and it looks like you have fun.
-Jason

3 comments:

Fletch said...

Too late, buddy. I already copyrighted, trademarked, and put a walrus of approval on that shit. Please spend the next month coming up with your own damn system!

;)

Or maybe I'm just bitter that I won Total Recall last month and not The Room, which looks awesome, as per your post the other day.

Anonymous said...

AARRRGGHHHHH!!! I should have gone with my first instinct and said "Away We Go"! Damn.

ABP - VBW!

Unknown said...

WHAT THE WHAT????

I WON???

Thank you so much. I appreciate the work you put into this.

OMG I GET A PRIZE!!!!