Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Razzie Winners!


Today is indeed a magical day for bad cinema everywhere. The Razzies "winners" have been announced. Honestly, I'm a bit dissapointed. The Razzies this year kinda sucked only cause they seemed to pick on the same two movies and that's honestly not a lot of fun. Give us some varity, Razzies!!

Below are the winners, and my picks if they differ.

WORST PICTURE
Winner: I Know Who Killed Me
My Pick: Norbit
I thought FOR SURE Norbit was gonna go with the top prize.

WORST ACTOR
My Pick & Winner: Eddie Murphy (as Norbit)

WORST ACTRESS
Winner ("tie"): Lindsay Lohan (as Aubrey) and Lindsay Lohan (as Dakota)(I Know Who Killed Me)
My Pick: Logan Browning, Janel Parrish, Nathalia Ramos & Skyler Shaye
(A Four-for-One Deal!) BRATZ
I haven't watched I Know Who Killed Me yet, but is she really THAT bad? I mean I've seen Bratz already and there's no way in hell Lindsay is MORE annoying then them four.

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
My Pick: Carmen Electra (EPIC MOVIE)
Winner: Eddie Murphy (as Rasputia) (NORBIT)
This is really just stupid. Underneath the woman outfit is a guy, so giving a guy WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS is really just a waste if you ask me. As for my pick, I just picked her, and that movie, by default.

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
My pick & Winner: Eddie Murphy (as Mr. Wong) (NORBIT)
This must be some new record for having the same person win both worst supporting actor AND actress. I think the dudes at The Razzies were trying to shake things up a bit.

WORST SCREEN COUPLE
My Pick: Jessica Alba & Ioan Gruffudd (FANTASTIC FOUR: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER)
Winner: Lindsay Lohan & Lindsay Lohan (as The Yang to Her Own Yin) (I KNOW WHO KILLED ME)
I can't say much about this until I see "IKWKM" (Like the lingo?)

WORST REMAKE OR RIP-OFF
My Pick: Who's Your Caddy (Rip-Off of Caddy Shack)
Winner: I Know Who Killed Me (Rip-Off of HOSTEL, SAW and THE PATTY DUKE SHOW)
Now I really can't wait to see this Goddamn movie.

WORST PREQUEL OR SEQUEL
My Pick & Winner: Daddy Day Camp
Whatta ya know? Now if there's ever a sequel to either Norbit (God forbid) or IKWKM, then rest assured that it's gonna win next year.

WORST DIRECTOR
My Pick: Brian Robbins (NORBIT)
Winner: Chris Siverston (I KNOW WHO KILLED ME)

WORST SCREENPLAY
My Pick: Norbit Screenplay by Eddie Murphy & Charles Murphy and Jay Sherick & David Ronn
Winner: I Know Who Killed Me Written by Jeffrey Hammond
I rather that a large group of people "win" this award then just one guy cause it just tells me that no matter how many people you get to work on a script, it's still gonna be awful. Whereas one dude is still just one dude. I imagine if some sweaty coked-up Hollywood producer came up to me and was like "write some drama/thriller shit that can star Lindsey Lohan, and find a reason to have her abused and then later strip (or so I'm told happens in the movie) and have it for my by next week!" I wouldn't write a masterpiece either on my own.

WORST EXCUSE FOR A HORROR MOVIE
My Pick & Winner: I Know Who Killed Me

So there you have it. It appears my friend Adam was right, The Razzies like to pick on one or two movies and just have them win every damn thing it's nominated for. And it's funny that the two big "winners" are the two that "won" my poll. It's like, you guys actually know something that I don't. And to think that people say my fan's aren't smar...um...nothing!

Anyway!! Stay tuned today and tomorrow for reviews of "IKWKM" and "Norbit". Should be exciting. For you anyway.
-Jason

The Offical Razzie Announcement
My Predictions
I got 3 out of 11 right. I suck.

1 comment:

Fletch said...

I have a feeling they just had it out for Lindsay and Eddie. From all that I saw, IKWKM isn't nearly as bad (or even enjoyably bad) as they're making it out to be. Then again, I'm not gonna go tempt fate and watch it, either.