Thursday, April 21, 2011

30 Days of Horror: Day 21

Day 21 - Your favorite medical horror film"

Fuck it, I'm counting this. "Planet Terror".



It's about a weird disease that's been spread, causing people to get deformed and act ALMOST zombie like (don't go on a rampage, Nick) and it fucking kicks ass. Between the two "Grindhouse" films, I always perfered this one first, but it should've been shown last. I like "Death Proof", don't get me wrong, but it's a bit slower than "Planet Terror", so when you're watching them both, you have this high enegery film, then you watch this slow, talky film with two, maybe three, kickass scenes. If you get the slow, talky one out of the way and end with a BANG! (which is really how Grindhouse theaters worked back in the day) it would've been a bit more exciting.

I know people are going to disagree with everything I just said, but fuck it.
-Jason

1 comment:

simoncolumb said...

Planet Terror! Yes-s-s-s! I've seen this one - and own it! I prefer DEATH PROOF though... though I completely think PLANET TERROR is great too. I think this is a constantly referencing GRINDHOUSE cinema film, whilst DEATH PROOF was an example of 'if-grindhouse-was-made-today'. A small difference but, i think, in terms of self-referencing horror films, as if DEATHPROOF os SCREAM, whilst PLANET TERROR is SCARY MOVIE in terms of how they spoofed and parodied the associated genre.