Friday, February 13, 2009

Post 298

This morning when I went to post about the new Fight for #1, I saw that I was at 297 posts. This post is 298. Sunday I'll be doing post 299 to post this weeks winner. So that means post 300 is coming soon.

Many bloggers probably don't make a big deal about how many posts they have. Quality over quanity, right? Well since about 50-60% of my quality is "NEW REVIEW" then a link, I think quantiy is pretty damn important.

I'm not sure what post 300 is gonna be. I'm tempted to make it a video post where I re-enact a scene from "300", but I don't think anyone wants to see me shirtless and kicking an invisible man down a pit of death that doesn't exist.

So anyway, this post is gonna be a few things I would make seperate posts about but I don't wanna ruin the flow of things so I'll throw them all into one big bloated post.

And away we go.

1. Inglorious Basterds Trailer:
Really? BasTERDS? Why that wording? Is this explained in the movie? Every other movie blog I been too talked about this trailer so I figured I should since I'm a huge, giant, Tarantino fan.

Changed to a link cause the widescreen thing made this post look stupid.

The dude at the beginning was bugging me, cause I knew who he was but couldn't place then. Then someone pointed out it was Eli Roth and I went "Oh no..." So they're buddies now, this means we have to put up with Eli's "acting"? Jeez. Bring back Michael Madsen or the other Roth, Tim. And everyone's making a big deal about Brad Pitt's accent but I don't see a problem with it. I do like how QT worked Hitler in and made him a character. This is gonna be kickass.

2. Last week I bought the "graphic novel" (Its not a comic book dammit) Watchmen to read before I go see the movie. I did this cause I kept hearing how dark the whole thing is and how there's no way it'll be a faithful adaptation and how the ending will be changed and stuff. So I wanted to compare. So far I like what I read. The story is slow as all hell but there's lots of tits and fucked up shit happening to counter it so it's all good.

3. I'm already hearing less than kind words about the remake of "Friday the 13th". I still think it'll be #1 and I still wanna see it. I went out to dinner with the fiancee and we overheard some dude talk about it with his friends and I totally felt like jumping in on the conversation cause they were talking about all the sequels and the one called "Jason in Space" (It's Jason X dammit!) but I heard some of the differences in the remake and I get the feeling I'm not gonna like it either. THEY RUINED MY NAMESAKE!

4. If you look off to the right, you'll see two polls, one for which worst film nominee I should review and one for which nominee in every other category I should review for Razzie time. I realized a bit too late that I misspelled Guru and I couldn't edit it unless I deleted it but someone voted for it already, so Love Guro will have to stand for another week. I did wanna mention that I probably won't be able to get to the "winners" that weekend cause of work (grr work) but I'll have time off the following week to get to it. Apologizes all around for that.

5. Later on (after post 300) I'm gonna do a post about favorite Movie Posters. I'll accept some ideas/submissions so if you have one or two that you like, email me at invasionofthebmovies at gmail dot com and I'll post them up.

6. Mass Invasion Mania! I started a new Mass Invasion, which won't be posted until March sometime. I'll keep the movie a secret for now but it's a doozy.

7. I don't remember if I linked to it before but I'll do it again. Over at the LAMB, Master Fletch asked us lowly peasents to write a thing about each Oscar category. We did this last year where I wrote about Best Visual Effects and I spent the entire thing talking about how much Transformers sucks, which didn't make a lot of people happy. So I vowed to change that and write this years category, which is Best Supporting Actor a bit differently. Judging by the lack of comments that post got (only got 3, one of them which said, and I quote: "the only LAMB oscar thingy I didn't enjoy. Pure stupid babbling"), everyone was so thrilled with it that they were speechless. I'm sure later on, possibly in the summer, the thrill will wear off and they'll randomly leave a comment on my blog saying "BEST OSCAR POST EVAH!!!" and I won't have any clue what they're talking about. It's ok, everybody. You don't have to be tongue-tied around me. I'm a normal person like you. Well, maybe not "normal" but still. Anyway, here it is.

8. The more I think about it, the more I wanna do the video where I re-enact "300".

That's all. Thanks for reading all this crap.
-Jason

No comments: