Tuesday, April 19, 2011

30 Days of Horror: Day 19

Day 19 - Your favorite horror film involving the powers of Hell or Satanism"

I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this. Let me explain why I didn't put "The Omen" or "Rosemary's Baby" first. And not because I'm trying to be different.

"Rosemary's Baby" is very subtle with it's creepiness. If you went into it cold, you wouldn't suspect it being a horror movie until the end. You'd think it was a drama about some weird neighbors and a pregnant lady who's paranoid.

"The Omen" is almost the same way, except it is pretty scary through the entire movie. The third act is pretty good and terrifying. So don't get me wrong, I think both movies deserve to be here, but I have to give it up to...

"Constantine".

Ok ok ok. I won't see the complaints about this choice until I come back, but hear me out. I'm sure it's not a straight up horror movie, but there are horror elements. And Keanu visits hell a few times in the movie. But what made me want to put this movie on today's topic was the casting choice for Satan: Peter Stormare. That's fucking brilliant if you ask me.



There should be some spin off where it focuses on Stormare as the devil for the whole movie. I'd watch it and it'd be fantastic. Say what you will about "Constantine", you have to give it up to Stormare's portrayal of Satan.
-Jason

No comments: