Friday, April 22, 2011

30 Days of Horror: Day 22

"Day 22 - Your favorite horror themed TV show"

Does anybody remember "Nightmare Cafe"? It came out in the early 90's and featured Robert Englund and it was about a couple who got in a car accident and they find a deserted cafe, then all sorts of weird shit happens? It only lasted a few episodes. Well, I'm not gonna talk about that here because I don't really remember it and for all I know it sucks.

Instead I'm gonna talk about "Are you Afraid of the Dark?"

I fucking LOVED "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" It came on Saturday nights during it's SNICK run on Nickelodeon and it was awesome! The show centered around a group of kids calling themselves The Midnight Society and they met at Midnight every Saturday night (I think) and told scary stories to each other.

The story I remember most is about this kid who is dared to steal the fake nose of off a fake clown in some funhouse. There's also the added feature of supposedly the clown is haunted or something. Well, the kid takes the nose, but that night, he gets visited by some weird being. The kid, realizing it's the clown, runs back to the funhouse to give the clown it's nose back.

I'm sure there's more to the story I'm not remembering, but that's the gist of it. I remember some other story about a kid obsessed with pinball and another kid who loved horses or something. They need to put this shit on DVD, yo!

Anyway, there's some "new generation" DVD out, which isn't the same. The only redeeming qualities that one has is Elisha Cuthbert (Kim Bauer from "24") is in it as a stuck up bitch. But she's like 14, so you can't get a boner.

Anyway. "Are You Afraid of The Dark?".
-Jason

2 comments:

Nick said...

Well, you CAN get a boner, but that'd be kinda weird.

Anyway, I loved that show as a kid, too. And I remember the pinball one the most. He gets trapped inside the mall which becomes like a live-action video game, and at the end you realize he's actually stuck inside a pinball machine for all eternity.

Jason Soto said...

There was this weird one in the newer set about this guy who shrank kids and collected them, then sold the shrank kids to other countries. It was really, really bizarre.
-Jason