Monday, April 05, 2010

The Soto List: See Below For Title

Welcome to the New Feature (That hopefully won't fizzle away like all the other features on I had on this damn blog)! This feature is pretty easy, I think. It's just me listing shit. And the number of shit will be different each time so I won't have to rack my brain trying to think of 10 movies similar to "The Jetsons" or something. Anyway, this MIGHT be a weekly thing, but the day I do it might be different. I just know it'll be posted between a Sunday and Saturday of a week. So you might get a post on a Saturday, then a new post on a Sunday. Who knows? With that said, the first subject of this list is-

The Top 6 Celebrities I'd Like To Meet Only To Have Them Sign Some Obscure Shit That I'm Sure They Don't Get A Lot of.

If you think about celebrities signing stuff, they probably get the same boring crap. Like if you were to go meet, say, Lawrence Fishburn, he'd probably get copies of "The Matrix" handed to him all the damn time. But me...I'd probably give him a DVD set of "Pee Wee's Playhouse". He'd either laugh or have security kick my ass. So with that example out of the way:

1A. Crispin Glover and 1B. Corey Feldman/"Friday the 13th Part 4"-I'm sure only hardcore horror fans know that both of these powerhouses were in that movie. But otherwise, I'm sure Crispin would get "Back to the Future" or MAAAAYBE Willard. To truely be obscure, you COULD have him sign a copy of his album. Yes, he made an album.

(This video might give you nightmares. Watch at your own risk.)

Anyway, if I met either Crispin or Corey, I'd totally give them my copy of "Friday the 13th Part 4" to sign. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

2. Jennifer Aniston/"Leprechaun"-This probably would be hilarious. I'd try to be in the middle of the line and while she's signing "Friends" stuff or god forbid "Along Came Polly" stuff, I'd slip in "Leprechaun" and watch her reaction. I don't know how many people know or remember that she was even in "Leprechaun", but she totally was. I could do something similar with Demi Moore, Renee Zellweiger, or even Angelina Jolie, but I think out of all of them, Jen would be most ashamed of this one, hence wanting to see her reaction.

3. Kevin Bacon/"Planes, Trains, & Automobiles"-I'm sure he'd be surprised to sign something he had a MAYBE 2 minute cameo in, but at least it'd give him a break from signing "Wild Things" or "Hollow Man". Speaking of "Hollow Man", did you know there's a sequel? And it stars Christian Slater as The Hollow Man? Weird, huh?

4. Jeff Goldblum/"Death Wish"-In one that I'm sure would depress the person signing it the most, not a lot of people realize he was in "Death Wish". Without spoiling it, I'll just say he's the one doing the fucked up shit. Jeff probably spent years trying to get over what he did in this movie. Or he might've enjoyed it. Who knows.

5. Jack Black/"Waterworld"-This is a super vague one. He was in a ton of shit before hitting it big, first in "High Fidelity". (Some could argue he hit it big with Tenacious D). Sure enough, he was in "Waterworld" for about 5 minutes. If you want to see for yourself, he played the airplane pilot that was gunning after Kevin Costner in the middle of the movie. Give the movie a watch and look for it.

6. Leonardo DiCaprio/"Critters 3"-I'll be honest and say I haven't seen "Critters 3" but I have heard he was in this movie as a kid. This, much like with Jennifer Aniston, would be hilarious to have him sign. Hell, he might even forget he was even in the damn thing.

So there ya go. If you have an idea for a list topic, feel free to email them to me, or leave them as a comment. Next week, I'm gonna list some personal crap. Might even be, dare I say...touching???
-Jason

No comments: