I'm hardly ever tagged in memes that float around. I'm not sure why, I like to participate in them. I guess cause they're done by GOOD MOVIE bloggers and they're like "Tsk, he likes to watch them wretched BAAAAD movies. I shall turn my nose upon him and that scene and eat this Grey Poupon. Hmmph."
Yeah, I heard that.
But thankfully, Travis has my back and has tagged me. Oddly, it's a meme started by He Shot Cyrus, who he claims reads my blog. Oh well. Guess who's not getting a Christmas card this year!
(That's a joke, in case anyone can't read my sarcasm well.)
Anyway, the meme is we're suppose to list 10 movie facts about us, and I figured I'd make it a Soto List, cause why not? I can. If you got a problem with that, screw you!
(Gosh, I'm angry tonight. I think it has to do with watching Transformers 2. God, that's gonna be a good review.)
Anyway, here we go.
1. I've collected every movie ticket stub since 2/22/97, when I went to see the re-release of Star Wars. I dunno why I started it then, but that's the first one I got. I got them all in a binder.
2. I presently have over 250 MOVIE TITLES in my DVD collection. I say MOVIE TITLES cause a lot of the DVD's are part of packs, like 4 packs, 20 packs, and even a 50 pack.
3. The first bad movie I ever seen was "White Zombie", an old 1920's film. I saw it in the 7th grade when I got chicken pox. My dad bought me all sorts of stuff from Wal-Greens to help pass the time (we didn't have cable until I was 14) and one of them was a cheap VHS tape of that movie. I remember finding it boring. I don't know what happened to the tape but I should give that movie another watch.
4. I'm counting this as a movie fact: the first episode of "Mystery Science Theater 3000" I seen was 403-Space Travelers with Gene Hackman. I love Gene Hackman and kept it one cause of him. Then I noticed the talking going on and kinda found it funny, along with the bits in between the movie. Since then I was hooked. Oddly enough, that was in 1994, when we got cable and I spent all summer watching MTV, VH1, and Comedy Central.
5. My love for movies came from my Mom, who got custody of me. She rented movies almost every day when we were growing up (again, no cable so no regular TV very often) and I seen a lot of shit as a result, some movies I'm sure no one ever heard of or remember. I'll make that a future list.
6. Not to say my Dad wasn't involved in my life. I often dragged him to see all these movies. The first one I remember dragging him to was Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Then it was all the Ernest movies. And finally...motherfucking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Yes, all three. In theaters. Even the third one. I think I owe my Dad for that one.
7. I've offically seen every Leprechaun movie and every Halloween movie. I'm about to watch every Nightmare on Elm Street movie (I'm sure I seen them all a long time ago) and as you know I'm working my way through all the Friday the 13th's. Speaking of...
8. I've mentioned this a billion times but I think it's so fucking cool. I was named after Jason Voorhees. My mom was pregnant with me and she was dragged to see "Friday the 13th" and since they said the name Jason a billion times in that movie, the name stuck and viola! Of course my mom had no idea what was to become of THAT Jason in later movies. Needless to say, my childhood was hell.
9. I know someone who's an extra and appeared in a bunch of movies (and some TV shows). The movies include "Baby's Day Out" and "Natural Born Killers".
10. I was 9 years old when I watched my first porno. What, those are "movies".
Ok that's it. I'm suppose to tag someone. So I tag thee:
Everyone else was tagged already. So whatever. Enjoy!